With the rise of Artificial Intelligence, the role of online education is changing. AI-based tools can automatically generate and grade assignments, meaning that students no longer need to spend hours and hours on their essays and tests.
AI has been a breakthrough in the education industry. It has the power to change the world of education by providing relevant information and helping students learn more efficiently. Artificial intelligence is drastically changing the way people learn, work, and live. It is used in every aspect of education, from math to language. With AI assistants, students are no longer limited to their current classroom. They can study with friends online while working on their own skill sets.
Artificial intelligence is being used in many fields, from marketing to healthcare, and now it is becoming a major player in online education. The benefits of AI in online education are so great that this field has been predicted to be worth around $3 trillion by 2026.
Benefits of Artificial Intelligence in education:
- Automatic student assessment marking and feedback for student submissions;
- Smart suggestions for self-assessment;
- Customisability for individual students;
- Automated homework, quizzes, projects;
- Automatic assessment of knowledge gaps across subjects;
- Personalised learning plans and curriculums based on each student’s level of expertise and progress in each subject area
- Make e-learning more accessible to students with disabilities and special needs i.e. photos may be described for the visually impaired, video closed captions can be generated automatically, text-to-speech reading can be assisted with, and an on-screen mouse and keyboard can be operated.
- The main benefit of AI is that it helps reduce the amount of time that teachers need to spend with students.
- Using artificial intelligence and machine learning algorithms and models for recommendation systems, personalisation and analytics tools: The solution allows the user to take advantage of predicting trends and patterns without having access to a huge amount of data at once. It also provides personalised recommendations that can help users make better decisions based on their specific needs.
- Improved graphics and hands-on learning experiences provided by interactive learning programmes significantly aid in capturing students’ attention and keeping them engaged.
- The cloud function of artificial intelligence in virtual learning allows students to go back and review the lectures and study materials even after the day has ended. Teachers can also customise the learning experience for each student because technology makes it possible to track each student’s progress in the classroom.
- Students can share anything they deem relevant and interesting to a particular subject taught in the class in virtual classrooms, which is a benefit of collective intelligence.
- The use of artificial intelligence opens up numerous creative doors for both students and teachers. Students can be given assignments that are outside the box, demonstrating their abilities and knowledge beyond what is mandated in the textbooks, which in turn helps them feel more confident about their work. In this way, teachers were able to determine the disposition of each pupil from an extremely early age.
- In addition, expenses like field trips, guest lectures, and other activities are reduced in the virtual world. Students have the opportunity to explore a variety of environments, which helps them to grow in all directions and build an awareness inside themselves.